1. CREDIT CHECKING ON-LINE: On-line credit checking is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week (for members only). Training classes are held prior to monthly meetings. Learn about our partnership with National Tenant Network and their service by
clicking on the RESOURCES menu tab. This is not a FREE benefit of a SOROA membership and does have a separate cost associated with it based on the services you request from NTN. SOROA members do not have to pay the yearly $35 administrative fee.
2. MEETINGS: Monthly general membership dinner with educational programs and membership networking. Check our Events Calendar for current programs.
3. NEWSLETTER: The INSIDER is a monthly publication including timely articles, management tips, legislative activity and local, state, regional and national news affecting property owners. You will receive your newsletter in your email.
4. RENTAL FORMS: Rental management forms, law books and many other resources are available to assist the rental property owner and property managers in administrating their rental properties legally and effectively. Online forms are one-time use PDF fill-in and pay forms through the ORHA forms store and not under the control of SOROA. Paid members please contact the office for the discount code.
5. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: SOROA members have served on the Board of Directors of the Jackson County Housing Authority and Josephine Housing and Development council. SOROA also supports organizations like the Dunn House and the Women’s Crisis Center of Grants Pass.
6. LEGISLATIVE: Active representation at the Oregon State Legislature to make landlord concerns heard with the lawmakers. Our ORHA Legislative Director collects our concerns and helps guide our ORHA paid lobbyist in ensuring that the landlords’ voice is a loud one. Legislative updates available to members only by email during Legislative sessions.
7. SEMINARS/EDUCATION: Ongoing courses on Landlord/tenant law and property management. View our Online Seminar schedule.
8. LEGAL ASSISTANCE: Attorneys on the Board of Directors give informal monthly updates at monthly dinner meetings and write articles for our newsletter.
9. OREGON RENTAL HOUSING ASSOCIATION: The ORHA is composed of 14 associations of which SOROA is one. Together we provide a powerful state wide organization. All are united in our goal of preserving the free enterprise system and protecting the property rights of rental housing owners.
10. MENTORING: SOROA has an active mentoring and helpline program that facilitates the professional growth for new, or less experienced members. Mentors act as a teacher to share their knowledge and experience in dealing with landlord and tenant issues. They will also help in problem solving by coaching and guiding the less experienced landlords or property managers toward a solution. Mentors do not dispense legal information! Mentors are not a substitute for obtaining professional and competent legal assistance form an attorney! Our current mentor list is found within the INSIDER newsletter. Mentors will do their best to help the requester to a solution. The requester bears the final responsibility for action and the results.