Thinking about joining SOUTHERN OREGON RENTAL OWNERS ASSOCIATION?
Here are the benefits of joining:
1. ̽EDUCATIONAL SEMINARS – Learn more about becoming a better landlord by attending one of our seminars on Landlord/Tenant Law, Fair Housing, Landlording Basics, and more! Check the “Events” page of our website (www.soroa.net) for more information about upcoming classes.
2. ̽EDUCATIONAL MEETINGS – Our monthly education meeting is a great place to keep up with current legislation, learn about available resources & do some networking (payment required for meal registrations).
3. ̾NEWSLETTER – Read The Insider every month for intriguing articles and the most current information about what’s happening in Southern Oregon’s rental industry. *Advertising opportunities available
4. ̽RENTAL FORMS – Need a form? We’ve got you covered! Go to our website or come by the office to purchase *Oregon-specific* rental forms. With reoccurring legislative updates, it’s crucial now more than ever to remain in compliance with landlord/tenant law; created & reviewed by Oregon Rental Housing Association, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you have the most up-to-date forms.
5. ̾MENTORING – If you’re a new landlord, the mentorship program is a great opportunity to learn from industry veterans. Office personnel can only provide so much information; go to a mentor with your more challenging questions, and they may just have the answer.
*DISCLAIMER* - Mentors cannot provide legal advice, nor are they a substitute for professional assistance from an attorney. Ultimately, the inquirer bears full responsibility for all actions and subsequent outcomes.
6. ̽ONLINE TENANT SCREENING – Thanks to SOROA’s partnership with National Tenant Network (NTN), online credit checking is available 24/7 for members. Run tenant screenings when it’s convenient for you.
*NOTE* - this is not a FREE benefit for SOROA members. NTN is providing a discount for screenings (and will waive their annual $35 administrative fee), for current members; screening prices & discounts will vary based on requested services.
7. LEGAL PERSPECTIVE – SOROA is fortunate to have attorneys on the Board of Directors to provide insight in various capacities – whether it be in a newsletter article, at the dinner meetings, or as a seminar instructor. Especially in the rental industry, their “discounted” (or on occasion, FREE) legal perspective is invaluable.
8. STATE REPRESENTATION (ORHA) – SOROA is a just a small portion of a much-larger whole. Oregon Rental Housing Association (located in Salem, Oregon) is made up of 14 “rental owner” associations located throughout the state; one of which being SOROA. All are united in the purpose of preserving the free enterprise system and protecting property rights of rental housing owners.
9. LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY – The legislative director for ORHA collects the members’ concerns of all 14 associations. This guides ORHA’s paid lobbyist during legislative sessions and helps ensure that the Oregon landlord’s voice is loud & well heard.
10. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT – Many SOROA members have or are currently working with Housing Authority of Jackson County & Josephine Housing and Community Development Council.
̽Discounted for Members
Click "JOIN US" at the top of the page to sign-up today!